Thursday, September 13, 2012

Making My Smart-Assery Work For Me, Instead of Just Pissing Off People

I was recently contacted through the dating website by a guy whose profile seemed to reveal a business man who spends most of his time running his various small companies and little time having fun. He clearly wants a Barbie doll for "fine dining" and "international travel," not a real woman, and certainly not a foul-mouthed, occasionally ornery woman with strong opinions.  

Business Man: Hello, do you like educated successful men? If so, please read. Lol. BTW, love your smile.

Me: Hi, You sound like a great guy, but I just don't think you're my type. I'm really looking for a guy who was fired from a carwash.

Business Man: Well on this site it should be easy to find lazy, unemployed guys. Hell, I find women all the time like that here.

Great. Just the kind of ringing endorsement of online dating I want to hear right now.  

1 comment:

  1. Que the scene from 'breaking away'....moocher walking off the job at the carwash and don't forget to punch the clock, wraps his fist in a towel and decks the timeclock. yep, that guy is the one you marry.

    ReplyDelete